In a Nutshell
Free range troublemaker, tinkerer, axe-grinder, noise-maker, pedestrian, and holder of many email addresses.
Owner and operator of Actual Consulting, specializing in Web, Mac, and iOS development. We also do Internet tools, scripting, QA & testing, and selective service hosting. Typical projects include site & service implementation and maintenance, tool development, security/penetration testing, protocol design, and database optimization.
Musician & composer. Session work and demos, as well as commercials, television, film, online media, and audio production. Also playing with Seattle-area projects.
Freelance writer & editor; news and analysis, technical books and ducmentation, fiction, screenplays, and general interest articles.
I live in Seattle, Washington. Traffic is awful, parking is worse, and, yes, it rains all the time and in the winter it gets dark early. So you don't want to move here.
I was born and raised in Reno, Nevada, where kitsch meets asphalt. I went to school in Ohio.
I Am Not…
There are many Geoff Duncans out there, and even a few in Seattle area. Among the people who are not me:
- A (talented!) photographer based in Austin, Texas
- A Seattle-based cloud/AWS/biz software developer
- A Seattle-area semiconductor engineer
- A former AAA baseball relief pitcher turned Georgia politician
- An Australian originally from Oklahoma who's sometimes on the radio
- A Florida-based Web designer
- A Nashville-based songwriter/producer who played bass in an ’80s New Zealand rock band
- A director at an Australian television broadcaster
- A professional translator in Surrey, England
- A United Reformed Church elder in London
- A farmer/rancher in New South Wales, Australia
…but I'm sure these folks and others have been delighted by searching the Internet and finding me. Sorry ’bout that.
Hey, what's life without fine print?